Cake Lace Mat Vintage Bows
3 sizes of Vintage bows in 3D which are so easy to make and use. Simply choose the size bow required on the mat, spread Cake Lace, and cook!
RRP: £29.99 | Save: £5.00
Cake Lace Mat Vintage Bows
Cake Lace Like No Other
3 sizes of Vintage bows in 3D which are so easy to make and use. Simply choose the size bow required on the mat, spread Cake Lace and cook!
Use a little royal icing to stick the bows together; ideal for large cakes and cupcakes alike!
The Vintage Bows 3D Cake Lace Mat is a new type of mat that truly replicates the different layers and depths that real lace has, with a 3D design that allows select key features to stand out from the rest of your edible lace.
You can attach Cake Lace using a little water on your sugarpaste, or for effortless application using a damp paint brush.
The Vintage Bows Lace Mat can also be used as an impression mat.
Measurements are the full length and width when flat on the mat.
Bow 1 W: 2" x L: 3" (5.2cm x 7.6cm)
Bow 2 W: 3.1" x L: 4.2" (8cm x 10.7cm)
Bow 3 W: 4.7" x L: 6" (12cm x 15.4cm)
Benefits Of Cake Lace:
Cake Lace is so easy to use - simply make to the manufacturer's instructions, spreading onto the mat and placing in the oven at 80°C. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, take out of the oven and cool for five minutes; your Cake Lace is now ready to use! From start to finish your Cake Lace could be ready to use in less than 30 minutes.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
Questions From Customers:
Q: When colouring the Cake Lace do I need to do anything else?
A: We advise dropping the baking temperature by 5-10 degrees and put the Cake Lace in for a total of 20-25 minutes. Please be aware that all ovens are different so timings and temperatures are estimated.
Q: How do I store ready made Cake Lace?
A: We recommend placing Cake Lace in parchment paper that has been lightly dusted with cornflour, and storing in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Q: Can Cake Lace be applied to vanilla buttercream, ganache or swiss meringue buttercream?
A: Cake Lace can be applied to ganache and swiss meringue buttercream, however, we do not recommend applying Cake Lace to buttercream as this stays soft.
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of cooled, boiled water into a food mixer.
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder)
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5ml) of Part B (liquid)
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at 70°C - 80°C (10 to 15 minutes)
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on a greaseproof paper. Release with help from the knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the covered sugarpaste cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
A small amount of Part B liquid will be left over; this can optionally be added to create a softer lace.
Cake Lace will remain pliable for many months, so transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake Lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some grease-proof paper, wrapped closely. Then wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odours.
|Recommended Retail Price||£29.99|
|Brand||Cake Lace & Accessories|
|Enable Hide Price||No|