FMM – Cutters – Bicycle
Stock up on all your Tour de France essentials and celebrate it in style, using this Bicycle Cutter from FMM.
Follow the cycling craze throughout the country and create effective bicycle decorations for your cakes, cupcakes and other desserts.
This cutter can be used with various mediums, including sugarpaste, icing, almond paste, modelling paste, flower paste, marzipan and more.
Make sure to decorate your designs after cutting with lustre sprays, dusts and glitter!
Wheel: 4cm x 4cm
Frame: 6cm x 10cm
Finished Motif: 6.5cm x 12cm
1. Dust the work surface using cornflour or icing sugar.
2. Roll out your modelling paste 2-3mm thick. Turn it over.
3. Place the bike cutter on top of the rolled out modelling paste and apply pressure with your hand. Gently slide the cutter backwards and forwards on the work surface to produce a clean cut.
4. Remove the excess modelling paste from around the cutter and remove the sections between the frame that are not required.
5. Using a pointed tool, ease each end of the bike out of the cutter gently. Tap the cutter softly on the work surface or use a soft brush to remove the rest from the cutter. Place on a piece of foam, and if necessary, ease it back into shape. Allow the bike to dry a little so it is easier to handle.
6. Roll out more modelling paste 2-3mm thick for the wheel. Turn it over.
7. Place the wheel cutter on top of the rolled out modelling paste and apply pressure with your hand. Gently slide the cutter backwards and forwards on the work surface to produce a clean cut.
8. Remove the excess modelling paste from around the wheel cutter and using a pointed tool, ease out the sections between the spokes. Allow the wheels to dry off a little.
9. Attach the bike and wheels to the side or top of the cake with water or edible glue.
10. 3D decorations for the top of a cake can be made by allowing the bike and wheels to dry completely. Secure to the top of the cake with royal icing or small pieces of fondant for support.
Wash before use.
For best results, we recommend using modelling or flower paste.