Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Enjoy making these cute Apple Crumble Tartlets as a delicious treat to enjoy with your family and friends on their own or served with a dollop of delicious flavoured double cream.
These Delicious Apple Crumble Tartlets are small enough to enjoy 1 or 2 after a heavy meal. they are individual sweet shortcrust pastry tarts flavoured using our Natural Flavoured Icing sugar and topped with delicious cinnamon flavoured crumble. The best of both worlds if you cannot decide if you want apple pie or apple crumble 🙂
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders and Whipping it up Flavours click here.
Check more recipes out here.
For the Tart Bases
1. First Stew the Apples.
2. Peel, core and cut the finely cut the apples and put into a saucepan with a lid.
3. Add the water, icing sugar stir in and bring to the boil, turn. down the heat to medium and simmer the apples until are soft. This process will take about 10 minutes.
4. Now we will make the Tartlet Bases.
6. Put the plain flour and unsalted butter into a mixing bowl and gently rub together until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
7. Mix in the Natural Flavoured Icing sugar and the pinch of salt followed by the egg yolk, if the pastry feels too dry add a tbsp of water and mix to form a dough.
8. Using a fluted pastry cutter chord the size to match your tin and priced to cut out the bases and putting into your tartlet tin. Re-roll out the dough until you have lined the tartlet tins, this dough will make between 12 and 15 tarts depending on the thickness of your base.
9. Chill the pastry shells in the fridge whilst you make your crumble topping.
10. Add the butter and the flour to a mixing bowl and gently rub together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
11. Add the light brown sugar and Natural Flavoured icing sugar to the flour and mix until the whole mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
12. Now fill the tartlet bases with the apple filling and using a teaspoon, carefully spoon the crumble mix onto the top, you can allow the crumble mix to fill the whole of the top and then bake in the oven for 15- minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
13. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a wire tray.
14. These Apple Crumble Tartlets can be served warm or cold.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.