Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Banoffee Tarte Tatin is a blend of caramel, bananas and buttery pastry, served with an indulgent dollop of whipped cream.
They are deliciously moist. Why not give your bakes a delightful boost of flavour with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar
This dish is a wonderful marriage of the best English and French desserts – crisp, flaky golden pastry, topped with gooey bananas and caramel made with Sugar and Crumbs Banana Split Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar. It’s really simple, and yet looks and tastes utterly fabulous so there’s no excuse not to give it a go.
Indulge your friends with this sticky and moreish dessert. You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour?
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. 1. Preheat the oven to 220° C, 425 F, Gas mark 7.
2. Weigh out the butter and melt in a small pan over medium heat.
3. Once liquid, add the Sugar and Crumbs Banana Split Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and a pinch of cinnamon and whisk until smoothly combined.
4. Continue to heat the caramel until it starts to bubble, then turn the heat right down. If you take it off the hob it will thicken up quickly and no longer be pourable, so just leave it warming very gently.
5. Roll out the pastry to about the thickness of a pound coin. You’ll need to cut a circle that’s about 2cm bigger than the dish or pan you’re using. Traditionally, tarte tatin is made in a cast iron skillet, but I usually use a glass flan dish and have found both works equally well.
6. Then, peel the bananas and cut them into 1cm thick rounds. Arrange these in concentric circles in your skillet or glass dish and then pour over the prepared caramel. Lay the pastry circle on top and tuck the edges in tightly all the way around.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
8. When the time’s up allow the tart to cool for a few minutes. Then lay a plate on top of the dish and, holding it tightly, flip the whole thing over so the tart ends up on the plate with the bananas on top. If it’s not coming out, rap the bottom of the cooking dish smartly to encourage it.
9. Serve warm in generous slices with whipped cream on top, flavour with one of our delicious icing sugars, I recommend Salted Caramel, Just ad a large tablespoon to your whipped cream or pouring cream and stir in.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.