Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Written By Laura Charters - Last Updated: 03rd March 2022
This Basic Cupcakes recipe makes deliciously moist cupcakes topped with delicious buttercream made with Natural Flavoured Icing sugar!
Make this basic cupcakes recipe in any flavour with our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars!
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes don’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cupcakes on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
150g Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar
3 Large Eggs
150g Self Raising Flour
250g Butter room softened
500g Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150 C, 140 C fan, and Gas mark 2.
2. In a clean mixing bowl add the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and margarine beat together for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time with a teaspoon of the flour until all the eggs have been thoroughly mixed in.
4. Next add the flour and on a low-speed mix until it has combined then turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and beat for no more than 30 seconds.
5. Using a dessert spoon fill each cupcake case to two-thirds full and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown and firm to the touch.
6. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling tray to cool completely.
7. Let’s make the buttercream by beating the room-softened butter on medium-high speed until it is lighter in colour and fluffy.
8. Add the Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and chop in using a spatula to prevent an Icing sugar cloud from covering your kitchen, once chopped in turn the mixer on slowly until the ingredients have combined then turn up the speed to medium-high for no more than 20 seconds.
9. If the Buttercream still feels a little too stiff for piping then add 1 Tbsp of warm water from the kettle and beat for 5 seconds.
10. Using a selection of nozzles that you own you can decorate these cupcakes to the design of your choice.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.