Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
This is a delicious Blueberry and Lemon flavoured layered sponge that is light and airy and will be enjoyed by your family and friends as it also has homemade Lemon curd( see Separate recipe for this ) between the layers along with Lemon and Blueberry flavoured buttercream and topped with fresh blueberries
This Delicious Flavoured sponge cake is made by using our amazing Blueberry and Lemon Natural flavoured Icing Sugar. It is sandwiched together with Lemon and Blueberry Flavoured Buttercream with a layer of Homemade Lemon curd ( Separate Recipe) and topped with fresh juicy Blueberries.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders and Whipping it up Flavours click here.
Check more recipes out here.
3 x 8-inch sandwich tins
1. Grease and Line 3 x 8-inch sandwich tins
2. Cream the margarine and the Natural Flavoured Icing sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Slowly add the eggs one by one ensuring they have been well incorporated into the mixture. If the mix starts to curdle add 2 Tbsp of flour to the mix whilst adding the eggs.
4. Once the eggs have been combined into the mixture slowly add the flour on low speed until it has combined and then turn up the speed on the mixer to medium for no more than 30 seconds.
6. Divide the cake batter between the 3 x 8-inch sandwich tins.
7. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until they are golden brown, use a cocktail stick or a cake tester to insert into the middle of the cake it should come out clean.
8. Cool the cakes in the tins for 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
9. Now make the buttercream by beating the butter for a good 6-7 minutes until it is light in colour and fluffy.
10. Add the Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar to the butter and chop in using a spatula to prevent an icing sugar cloud in your kitchen
11. Once the icing sugar and the butter have combined on a gentle speed, turn up the mixer to high and beat for no more than 30 seconds.
12. Using a Wilton 1M nozzle pipe buttercream onto the first layer and top with the homemade Lemon curd. Repeat this process for the next layer. after placing the third layer on the cake pipe rose swirls or evenly spread the remaining buttercream and decorate with fresh blueberries.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.