Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
These Vegan Cherry Bakewell flavoured Tartlets are so easy to make and your friends and family will really enjoy one with a cup of tea over a chat.
These Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tartlets are made using non-animal products. they are a deliciously flavoured crisp pastry case lined with jam and a layer of marzipan topped with a light sponge flavoured using our Natural Flavoured Cherry Bakewell Icing Sugar.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders and Whipping it up Flavours click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Pastry Tartlet Cases
1. To make the Tartlet Cases.
2. Rub the Non-dairy block margarine into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the Natural Flavoured Icing sugar and rub gently between your fingers until it is well combined and the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Start by adding 1 Tbsp water to the mix and using a pallet knife mix together to form a soft dough. add another Tbsp of water if the dough is still crumbly.
6. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board and using the 3.5-inch cutter cut out 12 rounds and line the tartlet/bun tin with the pastry rounds.
7. Prick the pastry cases all over with a fork and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking in the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and put on a wire coming ray until needed.
8. Next let’s make the batter by adding the flour, Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, and baking powder to the bowl and mix until combined.
9. Add the oil and the Soya milk to the flour mixture and stir in using a spatula. The batter may look slightly lumpy but that is perfectly alright.
10. All out a thin layer of marzipan to fit the bottom of your pastry case and then using a pallet knife to apply a thin layer of jam over the top.
11. Fill the pastry case just below the rim with the cake batter.
12. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the sponge is golden brown and a cake tester, when inserted into the middle of the sponge, comes out clean.
13. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling tray.
14. Mix the Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar with just enough water to make a thick but spreadable paste and evenly spread the icing onto each of the Bakewell tartlets
15. Cut the Glacé cherries in half and place one half in the center of the tartlet.
You can add toasted Almond flakes to the top of the cake batter if you do not wish to ice your tartlets and sprinkle with icing sugar once they have cooled.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.