Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Written By Laura Charters - Last Updated: 07th March 2022
Chiffon Cake is one of the lightest, most delicious cakes I have tasted, definitely give this recipe a go you won’t regret it.
Chiffon Cake is a light airy cake made with a high number of eggs, the eggs are divided into yolks and whites, and the whites are beaten and then added separately to create a cake that has a soft lightness like no other cake.
1. Preheat the oven to 160C (325F) and grease the bottom of two 8-inch cake tins.
2. In a large bowl sift the flour, add sugars and salt, make a well, and add in the egg yolks, oil and water. Set aside.
3. In a clean mixing bowl attach a whisk, beat the egg whites until foamy, add in the cream of tartar, and beat until the mix forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
4. Mix the egg yolk mixture using the whisk attachment until smooth and creamy.
5. Remove the bowl from the mixer add 1/4 of the egg white and fold in gently, continue to add all the egg white, until all the mixture has been used.
6. Separate the mix between the two cake tins, and bake in the oven for 30 mins or until golden on the top, it springs back when pressed with your fingertip.
7. Once baked remove from the oven, leave in the tin, flip the tin upside down onto a baking rack leave to cool in the tin upside down until completely cooled.
8. Once cooled use a knife to score around the edge of the cake tin to remove the cake gently.
9. Serve layered with flavoured cream and a sprinkle of icing sugar on top.
To make the cream beat until thickened and add 1 Tbsp of your chosen sugar and crumbs icing sugar.
Keep stored in the fridge for 3/4 days
The sponge can be frozen for up to 3 months, wrap in clingfilm and then tin foil. Thaw out in the fridge overnight.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.