Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
This simple Coconut syllabub is rich and creamy. Serve chilled in glasses for the perfect minimalist dessert.
We have decided to get to the next level adding some strawberries and Basil. This dessert is perfect after a great dinner with your family and friends.
A syllabub is a sweet and simple, frothy English dessert typically made with whipped cream, wine or sherry, sweetener, and lemon juice. We are using our Sugar and Crumbs Coconut Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar.
This light, dreamy concoction is a bouquet of sunny summer flavours – coconut, strawberry, basil and a splash of rum. If you’ve never tried basil in a dessert before, then you’re just going to have to trust me, it works beautifully with the fruit.
Although the rum and the Sugar and Crumbs Coconut Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar give this a tropical edge. The heady, rose-like perfume of the strawberries and the sweet, almost cut-grass scent of the basil makes me think of English gardens in the sun.
In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can make this easy recipe in any flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again.
Check more recipes out here.
1. 1. Start by juicing 3 or 4 of the fresh strawberries. The simplest way to do this is to chop them up, and then press them gently through a sieve with the back of a spoon. You should end up with about 30ml of juice.
2. Measure out 100ml of the double cream into a bowl, add the strawberry juice, Sugar and Crumbs Coconut Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and rum and whisk until you get to the soft peaks stage. With such a small volume of cream it’s worth doing this by hand rather than with an electric whisk or you could very easily end up over-whipping the cream.
3. Then, stir through the remaining cream, gently, to create a texture that’s somewhere between liquid and solid, like thick yogurt.
4. Divide between two glasses.
5. To finish, simply hull and chop up a few more strawberries, chop the basil and mix the two together.
6. Spoon over the top of the syllabub and serve immediately.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.