Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Enjoy making these delicious Cornish Scones for a scrumptious afternoon tea with Family and Friends.
Everyone loves how fresh and crumbly they are and taste amazing with jam and a generous spoonful of Clotted Cream.
A scone is a baked good, usually made of wheat, or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent and baked on sheet pans. A scone is often lightly sweetened and occasionally glazed with egg wash. The scone is a basic component of the cream tea.
In addition, you can also try making this cake using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Preheat oven to 200°C /400’F/Gas 6
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, Icing sugar, and salt into a bowl.
2. Using just your fingertips, rub in the cold diced butter into the flour until it is no longer visible.
3. Add the milk and mix well. Once it starts to come together, turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently until it forms a smooth soft dough.
4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 2.5cm thick and cut onto rounds with a 5cm cutter. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Re-roll the dough until you have used it all taking care not to over handle it.
6. Brush the tops of the scones with milk or egg wash.
7. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until golden brown. Do not over bake the scones or they will be dry.
8. Serve the scones warm with Cornish clotted cream and Strawberry jam or the flavour of your choice.
We have used the recipe from Roddas.co.uk
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.