Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Courgette Lemon Drizzle Cake is the perfect treat for January – a sharp, zingy lemon cake made with Sugar and Crumbs Lemon Drizzle Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and courgette.
They are deliciously moist. Why not give your bakes a delightful boost of flavour with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar
In fact, this is a delicate cake perfect for a Mother’s Day tea. The courgette gives it a lovely texture, similar to carrot cake. We have used courgette to replace the fat so that it’s not only beautifully moist (exactly what you want with a drizzle cake), but actually pretty good for you too.
If you haven’t tried using vegetables in your baking before don’t worry. You don’t taste the courgette it just makes a brilliant alternative to butter, so you can have a slice guilt-free.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C, 160° C fan, 325F, Gas mark 3.
2. Beat together the eggs, oil, granulated sugar, and Sugar and Crumbs Lemon Drizzle Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice).
3. Add the flour and baking powder, and beat again.
4. Finally, zest the two lemons (keep at least one of them, to juice for the drizzle) and stir the zest through.
5. Cut the ends off the courgette and then coarsely grate the rest (skin and all) into the cake mixture. Stir to combine.
6. Grease a loaf tin and line the bottom with a piece of baking parchment. Pour in the cake mixture and then place in the oven. Bake for 50 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Mix the 50g Sugar and Crumbs Lemon Drizzle Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and juice of half a lemon until well combined with no lumps.
8. While the cake is still in the tin pour the drizzle over the top. Leave it to cool in the tin until the drizzle starts to crystallize. Then carefully remove from the tin (the cake will be fairly fragile because of the moisture) and allow it to cool completely.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.