Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Written By Laura Charters - Last Updated: 15th June 2022
Creme Patisserie is a thicker custard, sometimes called Pastry Cream. It’s a pipeable cream most likely seen in a range of desserts from eclairs to tarts. It’s delicious and just adds that extra impact to your bakes. To view our Eclair recipe click here.
Take a look at our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar!
1. Add the milk and cream to a pan and bring to the boil then lower to a simmer.
2. Meanwhile put the egg yolks in a bowl and beat with a whisk, add in the sugar and cornflour and stir until combined and smooth.
3. Pour the milk over the egg mixture, mix it together, and then add it back into the pan. Heat the mix up on medium heat and whisk in intervals until the mix has thickened to a thick custard consistency.
4. Pour into a jug with cling film over the top and leave to cool completely before transferring to the fridge. Leave to set for a minimum of 3 hours. The Creme Patisserie needs to be eaten within 3 days and keep it in the fridge.
5. Just give it a stir to smooth it out and then place it in a piping bag to pipe or spoon onto your desserts.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.