Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Use your choice of dried fruit, citrus zest (or even tea), for your easy Christmas Cake, Gluten Nut and Alcohol Free can be made up to three months in advance.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
As a general rule, it’s best to get baking a Christmas cake around two or three months before Christmas. This gives you plenty of time to let it mature as the big day approaches.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Place all dried ingredients into a bowl, stir together with your choice of liquid. Either use cooled brewed strong tea or fresh orange or apple juice. Leave overnight to soak in a sealed airtight container. If you are using orange juice or fresh juice then keep ingredients in the fridge.
5-7 days later
1. Preheat oven to 140 C Fan, 150 C, Gas mark 2.
2. Place Stork margarine or butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl beat until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs one by one with the dark treacle.
4. Take the bowl away from the mixer, fold in the flour, spices, and the soaked fruits.
5. Then, place in a greased and double lined 20cm (8 inch) round cake tin. Smooth top with the back of a wet metal spoon, with a dip in the centre.
6. Bake on the middle shelf of preheated oven 150°C, 140°C fan, Gas mark 2.
7. Check the cake after first 2 ½ hours, then at regular ½ hourly intervals until cooked.
8. Allow cooling on a cooling rack before removing from tin.
9. Once cool wrap in parchment paper until your ready to cover.
To Cover With Marzipan
1. Brush the cake with apricot jam.
2. Roll marzipan large enough to cover the cake and using some icing sugar to prevent sticking.
3. Place over the cake and smooth over the top and sides, trim edges.
4. Allow marzipan to dry 48 hours before icing.
5. Knead icing on a work surface dusted with icing sugar until soft and pliable.
6. Place over cake and smooth over evenly until the cake is completely covered, trim icing at bottom of the cake.
7. Now decorate – enjoy
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.