Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
This is a last-minute Christmas cake, you only need 5-7 days before you bake.
This easy Christmas cake is so easy to make, it’s lovely and moist, if you don’t want to cover it, just use it as a delicious fruit cake, you can bake it in any type of cake tin, round square, or even a loaf tin.
Use your choice of dried fruit, nuts, citrus zest, and alcohol (or fresh orange juice, or cool tea if you prefer not to use alcohol).
To pack an extra punch we are adding a Flavour Shot!
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again.
1. Place all dried ingredients into a bowl, and stir together with your choice of alcohol, we’re using Dark Rum you can use Brandy or Whisky if you prefer. Do this for one week. However, if you want to keep this Alcohol free then use Fresh orange juice, or cool tea without milk. Keep mixed ingredients in a sealed airtight container.
The Following Week prepare your cake batter
2. Preheat oven to 140 C Fan, 150 C, Gas mark 2.
3. You will need to prepare your cake mix.
4. Place Stork margarine or butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs one by one with the dark treacle.
6. Take the bowl away from the mixer, and fold in flour, spices, nuts (optional), and the soaked fruits.
7. Place in a greased and double lined 20cm (8 inches) round cake tin or tin of choice.
8. Bake on the middle shelf of preheated oven at 150°C, 140°C fan, Gas mark 2.
9. Check the cake after the first 2 ½ hours, then at regular ½ hourly intervals until cooked.
10. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before removing from tin.
11. Marzipan: Brush the cake with apricot jam.
12. Roll out the marzipan into a circle large enough to cover the cake.
13. Cover cake
14. Allow marzipan to dry 48 hours before icing.
15. When ready decorate your cake to your chosen design.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.