Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
These gorgeous Egg Custard Tarts are so quick and easy to make and your friends and family will really enjoy one with a cup of tea over a chat, in fact they will be hoping you offer seconds.
Custard tarts or flans pâtissier is a baked pastry consisting of an outer pastry crust filled with egg custard. We have flavoured our pastry and egg custard using one of our delicious Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders and Whipping it up Flavours click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Pastry Tartlet Cases
1. To make the Tartlet Cases.
2. Rub the Non-dairy block margarine into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the Natural Flavoured Icing sugar and rub gently between your fingers until it is well combined and the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Add the egg yolk to the flour mixture and combine using a pallet knife, add 1 Tbsp of water to the mix and again combine with a pallet knife. Using your hand mold all the pastry together into a ball and knead gently together.
6. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board and using the 4-inch cutter cut out 9/10 rounds and line the tartlet/bun tin with the pastry rounds.
7. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before adding your custard mix.
8. Next let’s make the Egg Custard.
9. Pour the milk into a saucepan and gently warm it through, it does not need to be boiled or made really hot.
10. Whisk the egg yolks and the icing sugar together until the mixture is light and creamy.
11. Pour the warm milk over the egg mixture and whisk until all combined and there are frothy bubbles on top of the bowl. Pour this mixture into a jug with a pouring lip.
12. Gently Pour the egg custard mix into each pastry case to the top and take care not to spill it onto the rim of your pastry case. Add a good pinch of ground nutmeg to the top of the mixture in the center of the tarts.
13. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the egg custard tarts have formed a little dome just rising over the top of the pastry case. If the egg custard mix has risen too high and is a big dome take the tin out of the oven and place the muffin tin into a baking tray that has a layer of cold water in it. this will help the egg custard to cool and deflate.
14. Remove the egg custards from the oven and allow to cool in the muffin tin for 30 minutes before gently decanting them onto a wire cooling rack.
The Egg Custard Tarts will be wobbly when you first take them out of the oven but the mixture will set as they cool.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.