Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
These flavoured egg waffles are a popular treat in Hong Kong. The result is crispy edges and soft, chewy ‘bubbles’ with a yummy flavour.
We are using our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
An egg waffle is a spherical egg-based waffle popular in Hong Kong and Macau, and is an eggy leavened batter cooked between two plates of semi-spherical cells. They are usually served hot, and often eaten plain, although they may be served with fruit and flavors such as strawberry, coconut or chocolate.
In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake this easy recipe in any flavour. Try to make it using Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder, or combine flavours.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the wafles doesn’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your waffles on the day of making or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
1. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the egg yolks, milk, 50g of the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, plus 100g granulated sugar and butter until combined. Set aside.
2. In another bowl add the flour and baking powder. Add the wet ingredients to this and fold in until the batter is smooth.
3. Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form stiff peaks. Fold in a little at a time to the batter.
4. Separate the waffle pan and spray or brush with oil making sure the whole waffle pan is greased. Then heat each side until warm.
5. Pour a large spoonful of the batter into the centre of one of the pans and then place the other pan on top. Cook for 2 minutes then flip over and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until golden.
6. Take off the top pan and then flip onto a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
7. Cover with fresh berries, syrup and sift the remaining Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar over the top to add flavour.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.