Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
These flavoured scones are the easiest British teatime treat. Feel free to customise yours with dried fruit or a pinch of spice to make this basic flavoured scones recipe your own.
The joy of scones is that you can make them from storecupboard ingredients and they’re ready in half an hour.
They are a perfect tea-time treat, whether jam-and-cream-topped plain or packed with sultanas. Lovely.
In addition, you can also try baking these scones using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to give different flavours every time you make them!
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder and chilled butter. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until it forms breadcrumbs (when all the butter can not be seen).
3. Then, add in the sugar and fruit and mix together.
4. Add in all but 2 tablespoons of the egg and all the milk. Use a palette knife to mix together then place all the mixture onto a lightly floured surface.
5. Knead the dough gently (only for 20 secs) just to make sure it is has all come together.
6. Flatten out with your hand to a good thickness and then cut out your preferred scone size with a scone or cookie cutter.
7. Then, lay them out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or greased with butter making sure there is space between them to grow during baking.
8. Use a pastry brush or the back of a small spoon to brush over the remaining egg over the scones.
9. Bake in the oven for approx 10-12 minutes. If baking larger scones they take longer in the oven.
10. Check they are baked by picking up and tapping on the base of the scone as they should have a slightly crisp bottom.
To make the cream:
11. Whip 290ml of cream (keep the remaining 10 ml to use if you over whip you can add this and stir in and bring it back) and 30g of Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar or your choice with a whisk until it stiffens (when you can lift the whisk and the cream holds its shape).
Spread on your scones (jam first) and Enjoy.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.