Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Enjoy making these delicious scones for a scrumptious afternoon tea with Family and Friends. A real savory treat.
Everyone loves how fresh and crumbly they are and extra flavour of strong mature cheddar cheese.
A scone is a baked good, usually made of wheat, or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent and baked on sheet pans. A scone is often lightly sweetened and occasionally glazed with egg wash. The scone is a basic component of the cream tea. However, these are cheese scones so an additional delight to add to your afternoon tea.
In addition, if you would take the cheese element away, replace it with 100g of sugar, you could make sweet scones, by adding fruit and using one of our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Preheat oven to 200°C /400’F/Gas 6
1. Sift in all of the dry ingredients to a bowl.
2. If you are using plain or All-Purpose Flour add and extra 2 Tsp of Baking powder to the recipe.
3. Add the cold butter and rub together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Fold in the cheese with your fingers until it is evenly incorporated.
5. Add the milk and cut it in using a dinner knife.
6. Gently fold the mixture together into a dough by hand, taking care, not to over handle the dough.
7. Roll the dough into a rectangle approximately 25mm / 1 inch thick.
8. Cut the dough into approximately 6 scones with a pastry cutter or knife.
9. Place the scones on a greased baking tray, brush the tops with milk and add a little of the extra cheese you grated.
10. Place the tray into the preheated oven and set your timer for 14 minutes, times may vary between 13 and 17 minutes due to varying temperatures of different ovens.
11. When the time is up, remove from the oven when golden brown and allow to completely cool on a wire rack.
12. Serve with plenty of butter and enjoy.
We have used the recipe from John Kirkwood.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.