Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Gluten-Free Chocolate Coffee Cake is so quick and easy to make that you will have an elevenses snack whipped up in no time.
It is a deliciously moist cake flavoured with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder.
This yummy cake is a deliciously light moist coffee and chocolate flavoured sponge flavoured with Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and our Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder. The Filling is a delicious Vanilla Latte Buttercream and then the whole cake is covered in a thick icing paste made from our Vanilla Latte Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder and fresh coffee.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour?
You can watch the Facebook live on our YouTube Channel. Please don’t forget to subscribe to our free channel; you will receive notifications of future lives.
1. Great and line 2 x 7-inch sandwich tins, preheat the oven to fan 160C 180C 350F / gas mark 4
2. Cream the margarine and Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Separate your eggs and put the whites to one side to use later on in this recipe.
4. Add the egg yolks to the butter mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Add the Strong Black coffee to the mixture and again mix until combined and no excess liquid is in the bottom of the bowl.
6. Mix together the gluten-free flour and the naturally flavoured cocoa powder and slowly add to the mixture. Beat lightly and once all the ingredients have combined beat on high speed for 20 seconds.
7. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff and then fold them into the cake batter using a spatula until the egg whites and cake batter are combined.
8. Divide the mixture between your sandwich tins and bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until they are firm to touch and a cocktail stick when inserted into the middle of the sponges comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in their tins for at least 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling tray to cool completely.
10. Beat the butter and Natural flavoured Sugar together until light and fluffy and then add a couple of drops of the Latte food colouring gel to the buttercream.
11. Spread the buttercream evenly onto the top of one of the sponges, make sure you are not going over the edge as this will spoil the effect of the icing you are going to put on later. Top with the remaining sponge cake.
12. Add the Natural flavoured Icing and the Natural flavoured Cocoa Powder in a medium bowl and ensure they are well combined.
13. Add the butter and using a fork mix until the butter is no longer visible and the mixture resembles very fine breadcrumbs.
14. Now add the strong coffee, start with 1 Tbsp and mix in using a spatula, we found that 2 and 1/2 tablespoons of coffee made a lovely spreadable paste.
15. Spread over the top of the cake and all around the side.
16. Decorate with Happy Sprinkles XXL Choco Crunch or Chocolate covered Cocoa Beans if desired.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.