Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Gluten-Free Chocolate Marble Cake is so quick and easy to make that you will have an elevenses snack whipped up in no time.
It is a deliciously moist cake flavoured with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder.
This delightful cake is a deliciously light moist chocolate marbled flavoured sponge flavoured with Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and our Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder. The topping is creamy chocolate ganache decorated with Caramel Curls.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour?
You can watch the Facebook live on our YouTube Channel by clicking this link. Please don’t forget to subscribe to our channel, it is free and you will receive notifications of future lives.
1. Grease and line a 2LB oaf Tin and preheat the oven to fan 170C 325F / Gas mark 3.
2. Cream the margarine and Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add your eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly. If the mixture looks like it is curdling add a good teaspoon of flour with each egg whilst mixing.
4. Mix the cocoa powder with the hot water in a bowl and stir until it has dissolved then put this to one side and cool slightly.
5. Fold in the flour or mix at very low speed until it has been combined with the rest of the ingredients, then turn up the speed to medium-high for no more than 30 seconds.
6. Put half of the cake batter into a separate bowl and add the cocoa liquid folding it in all the time until it has combined.
7. Pour the chocolate cake batter into the loaf tin and spread it out evenly then add the white cake batter to the top again levelling it out.
8. With a spoon, turn over the chocolate cake batter to the top at each end, this will create the marbled effect inside the cake. Level the top again with a pallet knife and you will have created a marbled effect on top of the cake.
9. Bake in the oven for 45-50 mins or until the cake is firm to the touch and a cake tester or cocktail stick when inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for at least 20 minutes before transferring it to a wire cooling rack to completely cool.
11. The Ganache topping can now be made by heating the cream to boiling point and then pouring over the S & C Tempered Chocolate buttons, keep stirring until all the buttons have melted then add the butter and stir until that has also dissolved. Leave the ganache to 1 side to cool and thicken up.
12. Once the chocolate marbled cake has completely cooled spoon the now thick ganache paste onto the top of the cake and spread using a palette knife.
13. To finish the decoration you can sprinkle PME Caramel Chocolate Curls onto the ganache or grated chocolate.
This will keep for up to a week if stored in an airtight container.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.