Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
If you’ve never made your own friands before, you’ll be amazed at how quick and easy this Gluten Free Friands recipe is.
They are deliciously moist. Why not give your bakes a delightful boost of flavour with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar
In fact, they are a small almond cake and typically they have additional ingredients such as coconut, chocolate, fruit, and nuts. Furthermore they are closely related to the French financier, which are plain. They are great served hot or cold too.
In addition, this recipe is for making Gluten Free Friands, so it’s perfect for those who are intolerant to Gluten.
Once they have cooled, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Grease a friand tin or Cupcake muffin tin or loaf tin with softened butter, (alternatively use cupcake cases or lined paper). Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
2. Mix together the flour, icing and almonds in a bowl.
3. Whisk the egg whites until frothy.
4. Fold the eggs into the dry ingredients.
5. Then, fold in the melted butter then spoon into the individual or loaf tins.
6. Place three raspberries on each friand or a handful on the loaf tin.
7. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes for the friands and 1 hour for the loaf tin or until golden and well risen.
8. Leave in the tin to cool for 10-15 minutes then lift out using a small palette knife to separate the friand from the tin, place on a baking tray.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.