Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Gluten-Free KeyLime Cupcakes are really easy to make and are super tasty.
They are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Gluten-Free KeyLime Cupcakes are deliciously light moist sponge cakes flavoured with Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing sugar and filled with a creamy lime filling finished off by a soft chewy meringue topping.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour?
You can watch the Facebook live on our YouTube Channel by clicking this link. Please don’t forget to subscribe to our channel, it is free and you will receive notifications of future lives.
1. Fill your cupcake tin with cake cases of your choice and pre-heat the oven to 140c.
2. Cream the butter and Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time until they are well combined.
4. Add the flour slowly and mix on a low speed on the mixer or fold in using a spatula or wooden spoon.
5. Divide the mixture between your cupcake cases filling two-thirds full.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until they are firm to the touch and are slightly golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 15 minutes before removing them from the bun tin and placing on a wire cooling rack.
8. To make the filling, mix together the condensed milk and lime juice until well combined then colour with the Coloursplash lime edible food gel.
9. Slice the top of the cupcake off and scoop a teaspoon of cake out of the centre of the bun. Fill will a teaspoon of the condensed milk mixture and replace the top of the bun. Repeat this process on all of your buns.
10. Make the meringue topping by whisking the Sugar and Crumbs Whipping It Up with 70ml water until the mix has reached stiff peaks in the bowl.
11. Using a 1M Wilton tip in a piping bag filled with the meringue mix, pipe a rose swirl on each of the cakes.
12. You can put the buns back into the oven for 5-10 minutes until the meringue has a golden tint to them or you can use a cooks blowtorch to colour the meringue straight away.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.