Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
The classic hazelnut cherry pralines texture with crunchy pieces is achieved by making a fine sugar glass with hazelnuts in it which is processed into fine pieces and stirred through the truffle mixture.
These little goodies taste divine and are bound to impress but they’re actually surprisingly easy to make.
In fact, Pralines are a form of confection containing at a minimum culinary nuts and sugar. These pralines are made using Hazelnuts and our Sugar and Crumbs Chocolate Cherry Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder.
The truffles goes beautifully with the hazelnut and gives them a fabulously velvety texture.
Once they have cooled, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Ccocoa Powder in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Stir together the caster sugar and the water in a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring every now and then, until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Turn the heat up to medium and heat the sugar syrup without stirring. It’s very important that you don’t stir the mixture, or it will turn lumpy. Just swirl the pan periodically.
3. Prepare a small tin by lining it with tinfoil and brushing that with a fine layer of oil. When the sugar syrup turns a deep golden-brown pour it into the prepared tin. Sprinkle 40g of the chopped hazelnuts over the top and leave to set rock hard. This will take about 20 minutes.
4. Then, tap the set sugar sharply with the handle of a knife to break it up into pieces. Be careful as they may have sharp edges. Transfer them to a food processor to break up into fine crunchy pieces.
5. Place the chocolate (broken up into pieces) into a large bowl with the double cream and the butter. Microwave in thirty second bursts, stirring each time, until you have a smooth mixture.
6. Add the Sugar and Crumbs Chocolate Cherry Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder (or any flavour of your choice) and mix well. Allow to cool to room temperature. Stir through the prepared praline mix and place in the fridge until solid.
7. Scoop out spoonfuls of the mixture and shape quickly into balls with your hands. Roll in the remaining chopped hazelnuts until coated all over.
It’s best to store these truffles in the fridge until they’re eaten.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.