Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Written By Laura Charters - Last Updated: 22nd January 2022
Homemade Custard is a beautiful light and smooth sauce that’s creamy. Homemade just makes it that little bit more special and you can flavour it with any of our delicious Natural Flavoured icing sugars. The perfect accompaniment for most desserts
1. In a heavy-based saucepan warm all of the milk until frothy on medium heat.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and cornflour till combined.
3. Once the milk is warm gradually pour this into the mixer whilst it’s on a low speed, continue until all the milk has been added and you have a frothy mix.
4. Add the mix back into the saucepan and heat on a medium setting for about 10 minutes, whisking every now and again.
5. Once ready you can use it straight away or leave it to cool in a jug.
Can be stored in the fridge for 3 days, just heat it back up in the saucepan until loosened slightly and warm.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.