Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Impress your friends and family for afternoon tea with this delicious, easy lemon drizzle loaf cake recipe.
All you need is a loaf tin and you can make this impressive but simple cake.
This recipe is for a 2lb loaf tin. This impressive loaf cake is in fact a real showstopper your friends and family will be very impressed with.
In addition, you can use any of the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars if you don’t have Lemon Drizzle. This recipe is delicious using Key Lime and Orange Zest as alternatives. Change the fruit according to the flavour you have chosen! Try to combine them too.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 180º C, 350 F, Gas mark 4.
2. Beat together in a large mixing bowl the eggs, flour, Sugar and Crumbs Lemon Drizzle Flavoured Icing Sugar, butter, and baking powder until smooth and turn into the prepared tin.
3. Bake in the oven for about 35-45 minutes or until golden brown, shrinking away from the sides of the tin and springy to the touch.
4. While the cake is still warm, make the Sugar and Crumbs Lemon Drizzle topping. Mix together the sugar and lemon juice and pour over the warm cake. See more comments below.
5. Leave to cool a little and loosen the sides of the cake, then lift the cake out of the tin.
6. Place the granulated sugar or caster sugar into a bowl. Add the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar then a couple of tablespoons of water or the juice of the lemon (orange or lime depending on which one you making). Mix in until all are incorporated.
7. Fork the cake all over while still warm in the loaf pan. Pour over the mixture and leave to set. This way you get everything, if you pop it onto a rack it will all drizzle off the sides.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.