Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Try this ultimate make-ahead dessert for Christmas: Meringue Roulade with Fresh Cream. This recipe is a real showstopper. In addition, we have decided to add that extra fudge flavour using our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake this meringue roulade in any flavour. Try it and see what’s your favourite.
In addition, this is a great chilled dessert to feed a crowd and impress them too.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again.
This recipe can be frozen for up to 1 month. Cover with the baking paper you rolled it up with then cover with clingfilm and freeze. To defrost take out of the freezer 3 hours before needed. Eat the same day.
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C, 300 F, Gas mark 2.
2. Grease a baking tray with butter, approx 23x32cm rectangle shape.
3. Then, place some baking paper over the top and press down to stick to the butter.
4. In a clean mixer whisk the egg whites, lemon juice together until they form soft peaks.
5. Mix the icing sugar and caster sugar together in a separate bowl.
6. Add 1 teaspoon at a time to the egg whites whilst the whisk is moving. Repeat until all the sugar is mixed in and the mix is a glossy consistency that holds when lifted.
7. Then, spread the mixture over the tray evenly using a palette knife and bake in the oven for 15 mins. Remove and leave to cool for 15 mins.
8. Whilst the meringue is cooling make your filling. Beat the cream with a whisk to create a very soft peak.
9. Add in 50g of icing sugar and then beat slowly (watch it as if you overbeat the mixture the cream will curdle).
10. When ready to assemble, spread another piece of baking paper out the same size as your meringue on a clean surface. Cover the paper with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
11. Then, carefully lift the meringue and flip onto the icing sugar covered paper.
12. Peel away the paper carefully ( the top of the meringue becomes the outside) and spread the cream filling evenly over the meringue.
13. Cover with raspberries or your choice of fruit.
14. Starting with the smaller side of the meringue using the paper to help you roll up the roulade and gently tighten until it is all rolled up.
15. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with extra icing sugar.
Laura made this delicious Meringue Roulade during a Facebook Live, you can watch it here.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.