Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Written By Laura Charters - Last Updated: 24th November 2021
Millionaires Shortbread Spoil yourself with this delicious treat flavoured with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar. View our full range of flavours HERE!
It gets it’s name from the three rich layers combined to make a special treat. Shortbread is the base on which luscious caramel is poured on top, followed by a good amount of delicious melted chocolate. A Millionaires delight! Also known as Caramel shortbread.
You can watch the Facebook live on our YouTube Channel by clicking this link. Please don’t forget to subscribe to our channel, it is free and you will receive notifications of future lives.
1. Preheat the oven to 160c Fan, 180C Gas Mark 3. Line a 9×9 inch tin with parchment paper.
2. Shortbread- Combine the butter and sugar until creamy, then fold in the flour then beat until a dough is formed ( it will be a creamy dough.)
3. Pour into the tin and spread evenly, bake in the oven for 30 mins or until golden. Once baked take out and leave it to cool completely. (keep in the tin)
4. Caramel – To make the caramel put all the ingredients in a heavy-based saucepan and melt over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring all the time. Use a spatula to stop the sugar from catching.
5. Once dissolved turn up the heat and boil for 5-6 minutes until it turns golden and it has started to thicken, you should be able to see the bottom of the pan when stirring.
6. Take away from the heat and pour over the shortbread. Spread evenly. Place in the fridge and leave to set for at least an hour.
7. Chocolate – Melt the milk chocolate in one bowl and the white chocolate in another. Pour over the milk chocolate onto the caramel topping once it’s set, and blob the white chocolate. Use a skewer to swirl the white chocolate into the milk chocolate.
8. Place back in the fridge and leave to set for another hour. Once the chocolate is set you can slice it into 9 or 12 squares depending on the size you desire.
Store in an airtight container and eat within 1 week
The best flavours to use are Salted Caramel, Velvet Vanilla, Apple Crumble, and Black Cherry.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.