Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Take a nostalgic trip down memory lane to your school dinner days with this delicious Cornflake tart. Served with hot custard it’s a heartwarming dessert for after your tea.
Cornflake Tart is a delicious pasty case sweetened with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar. Add a strawberry jam layer to the pastry and then top with a crunchy sweet sticky cornflake mix. You can eat it hot or cold is delicious with hot custard.
You can watch the Facebook live on our YouTube Channel. Please don’t forget to subscribe to our free channel; you will receive notifications of future lives.
1. Put the flour and Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar into a mixing bowl and add the unsalted butter chopped into cubes.
2. Gently rub all the ingredients together until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the 30ml cold water and bring it together with a pallet knife then using your hands knead all the ingredients into a ball of dough.
4. Roll out on floured service and then using a 6-inch round cutter cut out 3 circles of dough.
5. Carefully put the pastry into the mini springform tins, and press down and around the sides. This pastry will not fit the top of the tin as it I going to be a mini tart case.
6. Prick with a fork all over the pastry cases and then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until just turning golden brown.
1. Whilst the Pastry Cases are in the oven baking let’s make the filling.
2. Melt the butter, icing sugar and golden syrup in a large bowl in the microwave. Do this on 30-second blasts and be aware the liquid mixture will be very hot!
3. Carefully pour the cornflakes into the liquid mix and stir in until all the cornflakes have been coated.
4. Place a teaspoon of jam into the bottom of each pastry case and evenly spread all over using the back of the spoon.
5. Now using a dessert spoon, carefully spoon the cornflake mixture onto the top of the jam. Gently pat down the mixture with your spoon and add some more mixture. Repeat this process for all the pastry cases.
6. Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes and then remove. Leave for 10 minutes to allow the cornflake mix to set and the jam to cool slightly before serving.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.