Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
If you’ve never made your mini tarts before, you’ll be amazed at how quick and easy this Mini Strawberry Tart Recipe is.
Why not create these mini tarts, ahead of time with our delicious Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar?
Tarts are a baked dish, that consists of a filling over a pastry base, that is typically a shortcrust pastry. The filling can be sweet or savoury, the choice is yours. Above all, they are a dainty and cheeky treat, that looks and tastes amazing with our Strawberry Milkshake flavoured custard filling and fresh fruit.
Once the tart shells are cooled, they will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. They also freeze beautifully.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! in our range, giving them a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 375 F, Gas mark 6.
2. Grease a 12-hole mini tart tin or cupcake tin with a little butter.
3. Roll out the shortcrust pastry onto a floured work surface and then cut 12 round pieces roughly the same size as the holes in your tin.
4. Press each round into its out hole and then use a fork to indent the edges. Cover with baking paper and fill each hole with baking beans or rice.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and take away the beans/rice and baking paper. Bake in the oven for a further 5 minutes until lightly golden.
7. Set aside to cool
8. Meanwhile heat the cream and milk in a clean saucepan until just boiling.
9. Beat the yolks with the sugar (we have used Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured and cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water then whisk this into the hot cream mix. Whisk and let the mixture cook and thicken into a custard. Once thickened remove from the heat and leave to cool cover with a lid or plate to stop skin from forming.
10. When the pastry cases and the custard are cool add the custard to each pastry case. Slice and arrange your strawberries on top.
Once assembled, they are best to be eaten on the day.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.