Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
If you’ve never made your own Viennese Swirls before, you’ll be amazed at how quick and easy this Mulled Wine Viennese Swirls recipe is.
In fact, these elegant, buttery biscuits might look extra impressive but they’re surprisingly easy to make.
Viennese whirls are a sandwich biscuit made up of two shortbread biscuits held together with jam and buttercream. They are perfect for afternoon tea.
Our delicious Mulled Wine Viennese Swirls recipe, we are using Sugar and Crumbs Mulled Wine Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or use your own favorite flavour.
They will keep up to a week, in an airtight container.
Linsey Mcivor is one of our amazing cake artists who joined us in the Sugar and Crumbs Kitchen for a Facebook Live.
During our Facebook Live, she demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to make these delicious viennese swirls.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
In addition, you can also use any flavour from our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars!
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C, 375 F, Gas mark 5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the butter, beat well until light and fluffy.
3. Add Sugar and Crumbs Mulled Wine Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or flavour of your choice, plain flour, cornflour and baking powder into a food mixer, mix until smooth and well blended. If still very firm add a tablespoon of hot water.
4. Place a nozzle into a piping bag and then add the mixture to the bag. Pipe 15 swirls or roll balls of dough on to the baking tray making sure they are evenly spaced. If your mix is too soft place in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm.
5. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until they are golden in colour. Once cooked transfer to a wire cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
6. Repeat with the remaining dough until you have 30 biscuits in total to make 15 complete swirls.
7. Buttercream – Mix butter till very light and fluffy, now add your flavoured icing sugar, beat until combined, if required add a tablespoon of hot water to make a softer buttercream.
8. Once all the biscuits are cool, add Jam on one side of a biscuit, on the other biscuit add buttercream into the centre, sandwich together, now continue to do this with the other biscuits. Dust with some extra icing sugar. For a more professional look pipe your buttercream using a star nozzle eg 1M or 2D Wilton Tip or a Large round tip.
9. Serve and enjoy with all the family.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.