Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
To make an olive oil sponge cake, premium ingredients are essential for a light airy sponge. This recipe is for an 8 inch cake but you can adapt your ingredients to make a bigger or smaller cake.
In fact, Victoria sponge is great for a one tiered cake, with multiple layers. If you want tiered cakes we would recommend a Maderia cake mix.
Different sizes of cakes:
Note: re warm boiled water this should be 1 Tablespoon per 4oz’s of mix
Furthermore, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake this easy Victoria sponge recipe in any flavour. Try to make it using Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or combine flavours. For example, use our Orange Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for baking the sponge and our delicious Jaffa Twist for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you can fill this classic Victoria sponge recipe with double cream and jam or ganache. This Victoria Sponge cake recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, this cake doesn’t go dry around the edges.
It’s also known as Victoria sandwich, and it is the quintessential British cake.
This Victoria sponge cake (Victoria sandwich), is the classic British tea time treat; simple yet elegant. This traditional cake is perfect for Birthdays, celebrations or Afternoon too.
In addition, the best of this recipe is the fact that we have replaced the margarine to vegetable oil. This will give you a lighter sponge and softer texture as well.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 140 C Fan, 275 F, Gas mark 1.
2. Place Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and eggs into a mixer bowl. Blend until light and fluffy.
3. Add vegetable oil and mix well until all is combined.
4. If the mix starts to curdle add a tablespoon of the flour from your weighed out ingredients.
5. Now add flour and fold in, do not mix in. If you mix in you will knock the air out.
6. Add warm boiled water and colouring (amount of colouring depends on how deep you want your colour).
7. Now divide your mix between 2 x 8inch sandwich pans – use good quality pans.
8. Put both layers into the oven at the same time one on each shelf. Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes on low.
9. Test with a cake tester to see if its baked.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.