Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
An American Classic, Moist and full of flavour. Perfect for a celebration.
It is a deliciously moist cake flavoured with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder.
This delightful cake is moist & silky and the added Buttermilk gives the sponge that ‘Velvet’ feel, flavoured with Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Velvet Vanilla Icing Sugar and our Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder. The topping is a creamy, silky buttercream flavoured with Cream Cheese Icing Sugar.
You can watch the Facebook live on our YouTube Channel by clicking this link. Please don’t forget to subscribe to our channel, it is free and you will receive notifications of future lives.
1. Grease two 7 or 8-inch cake tins and preheat the oven to fan 180C 350F / Gas mark 4.
2. In a clean mixing bowl add the dry ingredients, caster sugar, icing sugar, plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cocoa powder.
3. In a jug add the buttermilk, oil, eggs and red food colouring and whisk together.
4. In a mixing bowl add the wet ingredients, beat in a little of the dry ingredients, fold in the remaining flour and then give a quick beat until combined.
5. Transfer the cake mix to the tins and divide evenly. Bake in the oven for 35 mins or until a cake pick comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins and then transfer to a wire cooling tray to cool completely.
7. Meanwhile make the buttercream by adding the butter to a clean mixing bowl, beating until smooth and creamy then add in the icing sugar.
8. Add a nozzle to a piping bag, I used a round large nozzle, fill with the buttercream and set it aside.
9. Once the sponges have cooled use a bread knife to take off the dome tops and set them aside. Place one half of the cake cut end up onto a serving plate, pipe the blobs around the edge, then fill the middle and spread towards the blobs. Take the 2nd sponge and flip it over so the cut end is down and you have a nice flat top.
Continue to pipe blobs around the edge and fill the middle. Take the leftover dome that you cut off and crumble, and sprinkle this over the top of the cake for added colour.
Best eaten within 3 days, keep in an airtight container.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.