Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Bake a batch of red velvet cupcakes as a treat. With chocolate sponge and a cream cheese topping, they’re perfect for elevenses served with a cuppa.
This recipe is very easy and quick to make and it’s perfect for any occasion.
Red velvet cupcakes are traditionally red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet coloured chocolate cupcakes, layered with white cream cheese or buttercream icing.
Velvet cake is thought to originate in the Victorian era. The term “velvet” was a description used to let consumers know the dessert was a soft and velvety crumb cake. The main feature is that Red Velvet cake is made using cocoa.
In addition, you can also try making thesse cupcakes using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! If you would like to check our full range click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Mix milk and vinegar together, leave to stand for approx 10 min, ready to use.
1. In a Separate bowl whisk with a fork the two eggs, plus 1/4 of the buttermilk.
2. In a small bowl add bicarbonate of soda and the white wine vinegar, mix until combined.
3. Add Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder to a separate bowl, 3/4 of the buttermilk and red food colour. Mix together until you have a smooth paste.
4. Then, add softened butter to your mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add Sugar and Crumbs Velvet Vanilla Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, and beat until smooth. It may even just be fine crumbs at this point if the butter is not softened enough.
6. Add half the flour and half the eggs to the butter and icing sugar. Beat for three minutes, scraping down when needed to ensure everything is incorporated.
7. Then, add the remaining flour, egg and 1/2 of the red paste, and keep beating.
8. Add the remaining paste, plus the soda and vinegar mixture, beat for another minute.
9. Now fill your cupcake case to 2/3 full.
10. Place in the oven to bake on 150c/Gas mark 2 for approximately 30 minutes, depending on your oven.
11. The cupcakes are baked when they have a nice bounce back on them.
1. Add 600ml of Double Cream or whipping cream to your mixer. *TIP: Save 2 tablespoons to one side.
2. Add 100g of Sugar and Crumbs Cream Cheese Flavoured icing sugar.
3. Then, whisk until a nice thick consistency. If you have over-beaten the cream, this is when you add the 2 tablespoons of cream to bring it back.
1. Add soften butter to your mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Add 500g of Sugar and Crumbs Cream Cheese Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, and chop in. Once chopped in, add a tablespoon of warm boiled water, place back on the mixer and mix for 30 seconds. Your mix should be a medium consistency if not add another tablespoon of water.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.