Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
This simple Salted Caramel Banana Cake recipe is one of our most popular and makes one impressive birthday cake or treat for special occasions.
This delicious cake is so easy to make using our Sugar and Crumbs natural Flavoured Icing Sugars. The cake is light and moist.
This recipe makes one giant cake and should serve around 8-10 people. This impressive Salted Caramel and Banana Cake is in fact a real showstopper your friends and family will be very impressed with.Carol McFarland is the owner of our amazing Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars, and she does demonstrations on how to use them every Monday on our Facebook Page.
During our Facebook Live, she demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to make this delicious cake.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
In addition, you can also try making this recipe using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! Try to combine them too.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 140 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4. Grease and line 4 x 20cm/8in sandwich tins.
2. Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar, flour and baking spread. Mix everything together until well combined with an electric hand mixer (you can also use a wooden spoon) but be careful not to over mix. The finished mixture should fall off a spoon easily.
3. Divide the mixture evenly between the tins. This doesn’t need to be exact but you can weigh the filled tins if you want to check.
4. Place the tins on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Check the cakes after 20 minutes.
5. The cakes are done when they’re golden-brown and coming away from the edge of the tins. Press them gently to check – they should be springy to the touch.
6. Remove them from the oven and set aside to cool in their tins for five minutes. Then run a palette or rounded butter knife around the inside edge of the tin and carefully turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack.
7. To take your cakes out of the tins without leaving a wire rack mark on the top, put the clean tea towel over the tin, put your hand onto the tea towel and turn the tin upside-down. The cake should come out onto your hand and the tea towel. You can turn it from your hand onto the wire rack. Set aside to cool completely.
8. To assemble the cake, place one cake upside down onto a plate and spread it with smooth peanut butter. If you don’t like peanut butter use a jam layer then whipped cream. You can top with the swirls using the Rose Twist Nozzle.
9. Pour 600ml/21oz of double cream in to a mixing bowl.
10. Add 4 tablespoons of Sugar and Crumbs Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and mix. Watch the consistency all the time as it can quickly curdle. If it does add more cream to loosen.
11. Beat the butter until light and whippy.
12. Add Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar of your choice plus 1 tablespoon condensed milk, milk or water whichever you prefer.
13. Chop this in with a spatula, then pop into the mixer. Cover mixer with a tea towel to prevent an icing cloud. Whip until it is all incorporated and fluffy.
14. Tip the sugar into a heavy-based frying pan. Stir in 4 tablespoons of water and then place over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
15. Turn up the heat and bubble for 4-5 minutes until you have caramel.
16. Take off the heat then carefully stir in the cream and butter. Leave the sauce to cool and then tip into a squeezy bottle.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.