Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Impress your dinner party guests with this gorgeous and delicious Sticky Banoffee Pudding.
This recipe upgrades a great British classic, sticky toffee pudding, with a dash of Sugar and Crumbs Banana Split Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice).
Sticky toffee pudding is an English dessert consisting of a very moist sponge cake, covered in a toffee sauce and often served with a vanilla custard or vanilla ice-cream. We have upgraded this traditional dessert with our delicious Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
The combination of a light, fluffy banana sponge with rich, fudgy dates, fresh banana and a drizzle of toffee sauce is seriously indulgent.
You can store them up to 3 days in the refrigerator. In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars in our range, giving them a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 190° C, 180° C fan, 350 F, Gas mark 4.
2. Start by preparing the dates, cut in half to remove the stones, then chop into small pieces (as a rough guide, chop each date into 8 pieces). Place in a jug, pour over the 285ml boiling water and stir through the bicarbonate of soda. Set aside.
3. Then, cream together the butter, caster sugar, Sugar and Crumbs Banana Split Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and egg, until pale and fluffy. Add the flour and baking powder, mix again, and then finally add the vanilla essence.
4. Pour the date liquid and dates into the mixture and beat really well to combine. The resulting mixture is supposed to be really wet, so don’t worry about that. Then transfer to a 9” baking dish, place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes until well-risen, nicely brown and firm to the touch.
5. To make the sauce, measure out the butter and brown sugar into a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Once you have a nice smooth sauce with no grains of sugar remaining, pour in the double cream and stir well to combine.
6. Serve the warm pudding straight away with a drizzle of toffee sauce, a few slices of chopped banana and a squirt of whipped cream.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.