Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
This deliciously tasty Parkin is a must to serve to your family and friends at your bonfire party.
Traditional Parkin is gingerbread but made with adding oatmeal and black treacle to it. It is baked to a firm consistency but with resting it for 24 -48 hours it becomes moist and sticky.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders and Whipping it up Flavours click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. beat the egg and milk together with a fork and put to one side.
2. Add the syrup, treacle, margarine, sugar and icing sugar to a pan and gently heat until all the ingredients have melted, then remove from the heat.
3. In a large mixing bowl mix together the oatmeal, flour and ginger together.
4. Pour in the melted syrup mixture and mix well until all the ingredients have combined then add the egg and milk mixture and stir in thoroughly.
5. pour the cake batter into your prepared tin and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until the cake feels firm to touch and is a little crusty on the top.
6. Cool in the tin then wrap in parchment paper and foil for at least 24 hours before serving.
7. This Parkin is best kept for at least 48 hours before eating if you can and is becomes softer and stickier the longer you leave it. This parkin will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.