Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Enjoy making this delicious Vegan Classic Victoria sponge Sandwich with your children or grandchildren as no electric mixer is required and will be safe and fun for the kiddies to do.
The Vegan Classic Victoria sponge Sandwich is 2 layers of delicious moist sponge , filled with either fresh non-dairy cream or non-dairy buttercream flavoured with one of our fantastic Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars. It is a must at an afternoon tea or after a Sunday lunch.
In addition, you can also try making this Vegan Classic Victoria Sponge Sandwich using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars. If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out by clicking here.
1. Preheat the oven to 180c Gas mark 4, 350F, line 2 x 8-inch sandwich tins.
2. In a large bowl , mix the flour Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and baking powder together.
3. Add the Soya or Rice Milk and the oil stirring the mixture until combined it will be a little lumpy this is perfectly normal.
4. Give the bowl a tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles and stop the raising agent working too quickly, you will see air bubbles pop.
5. Divide the batter between your 2 x 8-inch sandwich tins and again tap the tins on the work surface to release the air bubbles and stop the raising agent working too quickly.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and your cake tester when inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
8. Once the Sandwich cakes have cooled, its time to make your non-dairy buttercream.
9. You will need to use a mixer for this next bit as you want your non-dairy buttercream to be light and fluffy.
10. Place the non-dairy spread and the Sugar and Crumbs Strawberries and Cream Natural Flavoured Icing sugar into your mixing bowl.
11. Mix slowly at first until all the ingredients have clumped together, then turn the mixer up to high speed for 30 seconds.
12. Slice the strawberries into nice even slices.
13. Place one of the sandwich layers onto a cake board and evenly spread or pipe some of the non-dairy buttercream on to it.
14. Arrange some strawberries on top of the non-dairy buttercream and then top with your remaining layer.
15. Using a Wilton 1M pipe small rose swirls around the edge of the sponge and decorate with a slice of fresh Strawberry.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.