Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Enjoy making this Vegan Country Cake as a delicious treat for afternoon tea with family or friends. It’s such a deliciously moist cake I’m sure your family and friends will be asking for another slice!
This VeganCountry Cake is made using nonanimal products. It is a deliciously moist cake made by using parsnips, Pecan Nuts, Dried Cranberries, and Pitted Dates. The top of the cake is decorated with our delicious Flavoured Icing Sugar and Pecan nuts and Dried Cranberries scattered over.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders and Whipping it up Flavours click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Peel and chop the parsnips into medium size chunks and put in a pan along with the apple juice. Cook until the parsnips are tender, drain and put to one side to cool.
2. Once cooled drain any excess liquid from the parsnips and then mash or use a Blender to make the parsnips into a puree. Add 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup and stir in well.
3. Beat the Non-Dairy Margarine and the Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar until light and creamy.
4. Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder to the mix along with the pureed parsnips and mix for 1 minute until well combined. Stir in the Pecan Nuts, Dates, and Cranberries carefully to avoid them being mashed.
6. Transfer the cake mixture to your 8 inch Cake tin and bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until the cake pick or cocktail stick when inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool the cake in the tin for around 10-15 minutes before decanting to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Mix the Natural Flavoured Icing for your topping with enough water to make a thick but smooth spreadable icing. spread the icing over the top of the cake and allow to drip down the sides. Decorate with a few pecan Nuts and cranberries.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.