Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Enjoy making this refreshing Lemon Curd Slice Tray Bake for your family and friends as a scrumptious after-dinner dessert.
What is Vegan Lemon Curd Slice Tray Bake?
This Vegan Lemon Curd Slice Tray Bake is lovely and has a refreshing tart lemon kick to it. It is made entirely of non-animal products and we use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and dairy-free spread.
In addition, you can also try making these delicious non-dairy Jammy Cookies using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars. If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out by clicking here.
1. Preheat the oven to 180c Gas mark 4, 350F, and line a Cake Tin 13inch x 9 inch trays with Greaseproof Paper.
2. In a mixing bowl put the flour, Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, non-dairy margarine, lemon zest and vegetable fat and on a gentke speed combine all the ingredients together until a smooth soft like dough is formed.
3. Scrape the dough into your prepared cake tin and evenly smooth the dough all over the bottom of the tin.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin whilst you now prepare your lemon curd filling.
5. Pour the lemon juice, castor sugar, and water into a large nonstick saucepan and whisk together to ensure all the ingredients have combined. In a separate large bowl add your cornflour and spoon some of the lemon juice mixture into the bowl stirring to ensure you have a smooth runny liquid. Now add this mix to the saucepan with the remaining lemon juice mix.
6. On medium heat bring your lemon and cornflour mix to the boil, stirring constantly using a wooden spoon or spatula. As the mixture begins to boil you will notice that is now becoming thicker and turning a darker shade of lemon. Allow the mixture to boil for a further 1 minute ensuring you are stirring constantly.
8. Let your lemon curd sit for a few minutes before pouring onto the pastry slice base you made earlier.
9. Let your Lemon Curd slice sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before putting into the fridge for at least 2 hours or until the traybake has firmed up enough to allow you to cut into slices.
10. When you are ready to serve your Lemon Curd Slice traybake, take out of the fridge cut into slices and sprinkle icing sugar over the top.
12. Your traybake will keep in the fridge covered for up to a week.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.