Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
This light and fluffy sponge is a delicious treat to serve to your family and friends after lunch.
This delicious white sponge cake is light and fluffy as it is made just using egg whites but it is still sturdy enough to stack and decorate with buttercream or fondant. We have used Sugar and Crumbs Velvet Vanilla Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar to flavour the sponge. Once baked you can slice this cake and fill it with your favourite buttercream and jam or Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders and Whipping it up Flavours click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Line and grease a 6-inch cake tin.
2. Beat the margarine on medium speed until it is light and fluffy
3. Add the Natural Flavoured Icing sugar and the oil to the margarine and beat until it is creamy and light.
4. Mix the baking powder and the salt with the flour and combine well.
6. Add the milk and the flour mixture slowly alternating between the 2 and ensuring each ingredient has well mixed in before adding more. start with the milk and then add some flour until all the ingredients have been used.
7. Put this lovely creamy cake batter to one side until the next step has been completed.
8. Place your egg whites in a completely clean grease-free bowl and whisk until they have reached stiff peaks.
9. Put half of the Whisked egg whites into the creamy cake batter and gently fold in, be careful you do not over stir this mix as you will lose the airy mixture. Repeat this process with the remainder of the egg whites.
10. Transfer the cake batter to your prepared 6-inch tin and bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes.
11. You can test your cake by inserting a cake tester or cocktail stick into the center of the cake and it should come out clean with no cake mixed attached.
12. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling tray.
14. Once your cake has completely cooled you can slice it and fill with your favourite filling like buttercream and jam or Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.