Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
Written By Laura Charters - Last Updated: 20th November 2022
London Cheesecakes are Individual puff pastry slices filled with a frangipane filling and covered with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar.
A London cheesecake is a puff pastry dessert filled with a frangipane sponge cake and decorated in icing. It has no cheese in the recipe and its not a cake either! However it is a british dessert that was popular in the 1950s and 60s in London mainly and got its name from the people that remember it!
1. Preheat the oven to 165c Fan, 180C Gas Mark 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl cream the butter and icing sugar together until smooth then add in the egg, scraping down the sides as you go.
3. Next take another bowl and add the flour and baking powder, stir in. Add to the butter mix and fold in, lastly fold in the almonds until combined.
4. Unroll the sheet of puff pastry and cut into 12 rectangles, use a ruler as a guide to get even pieces.
5. Next make a small dent in the middle of 6 of the rectangles and fill each with 1/2 tsp of the jam, then add approx 1Tbsp of the cake mix to each one. Take the remaining slices and place on top of the 6 filled and use a fork to press down.
6. Use a pastry brush to brush each top with milk or egg wash.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden. Leave to cool fully once baked.
8. Mix the 200g Icing sugar with the water until you have a thick but spreadable icing. Cover each London Cheesecake slice with the icing and sprinkle over the desiccated coconut to cover.
Serve and enjoy!
The London Cheesecakes are best eaten within 3 days.
Keep in an airtight container.
The London Cheesecakes can be frozen before baking (bake in the oven for 35 minutes) and then check piping hot in the centre with skewer.
If you would like to make the custard check out our Homemade Custard Recipe here
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.