Please note All orders received after 11:30am, will be processed the following weekday.
Free, Standard, and Priority Shopping are delivered by Evri. Choose DPD if you prefer it to Evri.
All orders are Signed & Tracked, please do not ask our couriers to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. DPD do not Deliver Saturday or Sunday .
This Victoria sponge recipe is a twist on the traditional bake that everyone loves. This recipe is for an 8 inch sponge. Victoria sponge is great for a one tiered cake, with multiple layers.
The classic Victoria sandwich is always a teatime winner, every bite brings a taste of nostalgia. This recipe has a yummy orange flavour perfect for any occasion.
With our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake this easy Victoria sponge recipe in any flavour. Try using Raspberry Ripple Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or any of our other delicious flavours. For example, use our Orange Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for baking the Sponge and our delicious Jaffa Twist for making buttercream.
In addition, you can fill his classic Victoria sponge recipe with double cream, jam or ganache. This Victoria Sponge cake recipe is also one that you will return to time and time again.
This Victoria sponge cake (Victoria sandwich), is the classic British tea time treat; simple yet elegant. This traditional cake is perfect for Birthdays, celebrations or Afternoon tea.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 140 C Fan, 275 F, Gas mark 1.
2. Place Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and margarine into a mixer bowl. Blend until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs 1 at a time, and mix well until all is combined.
5. If the mix starts to curdle add a tablespoon of the flour from your weighed out ingredients.
6. Add flour and fold in, do not mix in. If you mix in you will knock the air out.
7. Divide your mix between 2 x 8 inch sandwich pans – use good quality pans.
8. Put both layers into the oven at the same time. Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes on low.
9. Test with a cake tester to see if it’s baked.
10. Make buttercream using our simple buttercream recipe here
Treat yourself, or make a gift of indulgent homemade fudge with this recipe. You could also use this confection in a range...
15% discount on all S&C products!
Double loyalty points!
Free Priority shipping upgrade!
Exclusive members group! Make It Bake It!
Make It, Bake It! is an annual exclusive learning hub part of your S&C Premier Membership, for everyone to enjoy, learn, be inspired, and make new cakey friends. The Hub is for all levels from the newbie, hobby, and professional caker. Come and enjoy the fun, you won’t regret it.